Distinguished Talent Visa Subclass 124
To obtain visa subclass 124, you must:
- have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement (and still be prominent) in a profession, a sport, the arts or academia and research
- be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or Australian organisation with a national reputation in relation to your area of talent
- be outside Australia when this visa is granted
- Not have had a visa cancelled or previous application refused
Distinguished Talent Visa Subclass 858
To obtain a subclass 858 visa, you must:
- have an internationally recognised record of excellence in an eligible field
- have been prominent in your field during the past 2 years
- be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible NZ citizen, or Australian organisation in Australia with a national reputation in your field
You cannot apply for this visa if you currently hold any of the below visas:
- Business (Short Stay) visa (subclass 456)
- Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)
- eVisitor (subclass 651)
- Maritime Crew Visa (subclass 988)
- Special purpose visa
- Superyacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
- Temporary Work visa (subclass 400)
- Tourist visa (subclass 676)
- Visitor visa (subclass 600)
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa.
Distinguished Talent Visa Subclass 124:
You must be outside of Australia when the outcome of your application is decided.
Distinguished Talent Visa Subclass 858:
You must be within Australia when the outcome of your application is decided.
The cost of applying for either one of the Distinguished Talent visas subclass 124 or 858 is $3,810 AUD. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is the second instalment. Pay it only when we ask you to. We will refund the charge if we do not grant you the visa. The second instalment charges are:
- main applicant: AUD4890
- family members over 18 years old: AUD4890
Is this visa right for me?
This visa is only suitable for people who have an internationally recognised record of achievement. Take note that you must be outside of Australia when the subclass 124 visa is granted, and inside Australia when subclass 858 visa is granted. Please see eligibility for further details regarding whether or not this visa is suitable for you.
Speak to one of our helpful migration assistants today on +61 7 3216 0052 or send us an enquiry for help in obtaining your distinguished talent visa.