We have received notification today that NSW State sponsorship for the 491 visa is open.
We encourage that applicant’s check the following occupation list to see if your occupation is on their list.
Orana’s – https://www.rdaorana.org.au/migration/dama/dama-occupations-list/
Northern Inland’s occupation list https://www.rdani.org.au/skilled-migration/skilled-work-regional-visa-subclass-491/occupation-list-for-the-northern-inland.php
If your occupation is on their list, NSW State are offering the following streams:
Stream 1 – Living and Working in regional NSW
Stream 2 – Recently completed study in regional NSW
Stream 3a – Job Offer in Regional NSW, nominated occupation 12 months, full time
Stream 3c – Family ties in regional NSW
Please contact our office to discuss your eligibility further.
Skilled Nominated Visa: Subclass 190
2020-21 Financial Year Update
Invitation rounds will commence shortly for Subclass 190.
As per Home Affair’s decision, only applicants with occupations in
health, ICT and engineering occupations and residing in NSW will be invited.
You must be aged under 45.
If you do not obtain a score of at least 65 points, you are not eligible to be invited to apply for NSW nomination.
Competent English score is a must at the time of invitation.
You must hold a valid skills assessment in an occupation that exactly matches the occupation entered in your SkillSelect expression of interest.
You must commit to living and working in NSW for at least the first two years of your subclass 190 visa.
For more information visit: https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-visas/Skilled-Nominated-visa-subclass-190
You do not need to submit a new EOI in SkillSelect if your current EOI is valid.
- NSW State sponsorship has been provided with a limited number of interim nominations for 2020-21 for Australian Skilled Migration.
- Nominations are limited hence the NSW Government has made temporary changes to their application process.
- These changes will be reviewed later on if they are provided with more nominations later in the financial year.
Business and Investor Visas (Subclass 188):
Potential business and Investor applicants will be nominated by invitation ONLY.
For consideration by the NSW gov for subclass 188, please ensure you have a valid EOI in SkillSelect, and NSW as your preferred state.
Skilled Visas (Subclass 190 & 491):
Invitation rounds will commence shortly for subclass 190.
Only applicants currently residing in NSW and in selected health, ICT and engineering occupations will receive invitations from the NSW gov.
On-hand 491 visa applicants will be contacted via email to advise them of their application outcomes.
*If your current EOI is valid, you do not need to submit a new EOI in SkillSelect, this applies to ALL visa subclasses*
In a landmark move, Australia benched its extradition policy with Hong Kong in light of growing concerns of national security law imposition in Hong Kong.
“Australia today has taken steps to suspend our extradition agreement. We have formally notified Hong Kong and advised the Chinese authorities. I also note that our travel advice for Hong Kong has been updated, and we’d encourage Australians to refer to that travel advice.” – Scott Morrison, PM of Australia.
What does this mean for Hong Kong residents?
- Current and future students will be eligible for a five (5) year graduate visa after their graduation with a pathway to permanent residency at the end of that period.
- Skilled workers and graduate visa holders will be offered an extension of five (5) years from today with a pathway to permanent residency.
- Temporary skilled visa holders will be offered an additional five (5) years visa extension.
- Future HK Applicants will receive a five (5) year temporary visa too. This is however subject to meeting an updated skills list and appropriate market testing.
For all the above cases, at the end of the 5 year period there is a PR pathway available for HK residents.
- Australia will focus on HK residents studying and working in regional areas to make up for skill shortages and provide a 3-year express Permanent Residency pathway.
- Australia is also welcoming export-based Hong Kong businesses to relocate to Australia.
We will keep you updated as soon as we receive new information.
Applications open for state sponsorship with New South Wales
NSW are now accepting applications for NSW nomination for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491).
Applications must be lodged by 5pm Friday, 26 June 2020.
Who can apply?
You can only apply for NSW nomination if you are eligible for this visa subclass AND:
- have an occupation on the NSW regional skilled occupation list (ACCOUNTANTS, IT PROFESSIONALS, ENGINEERS, TRADE OCCUPATIONS, CHILD CARE, NURSE, SOCIAL WORKERS ALL ON THE OCCUPATION LIST PLUS MANY MORE OCCUPATIONS), and;
- are currently living in a designated regional area of NSW.
Please call our office for any further information required.
𝐐𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 – 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝟏𝟗𝟎 & 𝟒𝟗𝟏
• BSMQ has applied for a small quota to commence state nomination in July 2020.
• They will receive their formal quota in Oct 2020 as a part of the commonwealth budget release.
• The 𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝟒𝟗𝟏 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟗𝟎 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 as compared to previous years.
• BSMQ will change their process for state nomination and 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬.
• If no quota is received by BSMQ for July 2020, they will open for state nomination in October 2020.
𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒖𝒔 𝒂𝒕 (07) 3216 0052 𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒂 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝑭𝑩 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔!
Follow us on facebook for updates https://www.facebook.com/aisimmigrationsolutionsbrisbane/
As of today, Victoria state sponsorship is closed. Applications received prior to 28th May 2020 will continue to be processed.
To read the official post from Victoria state, please see this link https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/news-events/news/2020/close-of-victorias-skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190-and-491?fbclid=IwAR1y5m54pZYNeSSpsLjTkmGeHa4WV6r8-H0-Z1BromYf5-ZJA08VjVorLdg
Business Migration and Skilled Migration Australia (BSMQ) has opened to processing OFFSHORE Subclass 491 for Selected Medical Professionals.
Please refer to the BSMQ Website for list of occupation via this link https://migration.qld.gov.au/skilled-occupation-lists/
Please note that due to the closure of The Australian Border should you receive a offshore grant you will need to apply for a travel exemption however, your entry to Australia at this time cannot be guaranteed. For more details please see this link https://migration.qld.gov.au/
Updated on the 24th April 2020