To be eligible for a 187 (Temporary Transition Scheme) visa, you must:
- Hold a substantive visa or a Bridging visa A, B or C
- Usually, have worked for your employer in regional Australiafor at least 3 years full time while holding a subclass 457 or TSS visa
- Have been nominated by an Australian employer whose nomination was approved in the 6 months prior to you applying
75% of applications for this visa are processed in 13 months, with 90% of all applications finalised after 21 months.
- You must pass the character and health
- If registration with an industry body, membership or licensing is required for your occupation in the state or territory you work in, you must obtain it.
- You must be nominated by the Australian business you intend to work for, and apply for the visa within 6 months of receiving the nomination.
- You usually must be under the age of 45 at the time of application.
- You need to have competent English. See the thresholds and requirements for various English tests here. This may have been obtained when applying for your temporary visa. You are exempt from this requirement if you went to secondary school for five years where all classes were taught in English.
- You must obey all Australian laws during your residency.
- You must have paid back any debt owing to the Australian government, if any.
- You must have not had a visa previously cancelled.
- Obtain a positive skills assessment through the relevant body for your occupation. This may have been obtained when applying for your temporary visa.
- Have worked for at least three years under your existing temporary work visa.
Standard application fees start from $3,755, with additional fees necessary for any family members you have on your application. If your additional applicants do not have functional English, a second instalment of $4,890 for each additional applicant will apply.
Is this visa right for me?
The Temporary Transition RSMS Visa (subclass 187) is suited to applicants currently living and working in Australia on a skilled visa. Obtaining permanent residency will allow you and your dependents to eventually obtain Australian citizenship when eligible. As the regional occupation list is much larger than the medium-term TSS (subclass 482) list, there’s more options for you to work outside of capital cities, providing you have relevant work experience in the field.
AIS Migration are professional migration agents with decades of experience in assisting migrants just like you obtain permanent residency. Our team make the application process simpler and stress-free, and we can even help find the right visa scheme suited to your needs. If you can’t make it to our Brisbane office, we also offer one-on-one booked skype meetings with our migration agents.
CONTACT AIS MIGRATION
Speak to one of our friendly team today on +61 7 3216 0052 or send us an enquiry for tailored assistance with the RSMS Temporary Visa Transition.