Australian Short Stay Visa Assistance
AIS Immigration Solutions provide expert assistance with the Australian short stay visa and can help find the right visa schemes that suit your needs and circumstances. We have decades of experience in helping migrants and temporary workers obtain residency and working rights without stress or hassle. Our expert team know the current Australian visa arrangements like the palm of their hand, and we’ll be by your side throughout the application process.
Give us a call on +61 7 3216 0052, send us an enquiry, or receive one-on-one advice from one of our skilled agents by booking a skype meeting at your best convenience.
Features and Overview:
This visa (subclass 400) provides only a short period of stay (up to three months) and cannot be extended. It’s designed for skilled workers who intend to work for a short-term basis in Australia. As the stay is so short, the requirements for this visa in terms of employer sponsorship and skills assessment are much less when compared to visas like the 482 (Temporary Skill Shortage) visa. If working for an Australian company or organisation in a paid position, you will be entitled to Australian minimum wages and working conditions.
To be eligible to apply for an Australian short stay visa (Temporary work – Subclass 400), you must:
- Be invited or supported by the organisation you are working for in Australia
- Have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that can help Australian business and can’t reasonably be found in Australia
- Only do the work or activities for which your visa was granted
Invitation to Work:
You will need a letter of invitation, job offer or employment contract from an Australian organisation showing:
- Details of your position, duties, or project of work
- The duration of your work
- The reason why you are required in Australia
- Your employment conditions and wages
- The Australian workplace standards or Industry Award that applies to your position
Some freelance work might be allowed (for example, a freelance journalist/photographer undertaking a media assignment). If you are doing this type of work, you will need to provide a copy of your itinerary and the details of your work assignment.
- You must be able to support yourself and any other dependants included in your application.
- You cannot work in the Australian entertainment industry, or work in a production that is to be distributed in Australia. You are allowed to visit Australia for promotional material, however.
- You must meet health and character
- You must not owe any debt to the Australian government.
- You must not have had an Australian visa previously cancelled.
You can apply for this visa if you have specialised skills, knowledge or experience that:
- can assist Australian business
- can’t reasonably be found in the Australian labour market
- are needed on a short-term, non-ongoing basis
You will need to show that you have the skills, knowledge or experience to do this work. You will need:
- a copy of your resume
- any licenses or qualifications you have
- a letter from your overseas employer explaining your current position and duties.
The Australian business or overseas employer might need to show that they have tried to find Australian workers first.
As mentioned above, this visa requires an invitation from an Australian employer, or you’ll need to provide evidence of work itinerary, and potentially proof of previous work.
75% of applications for this visa are processed in 20 days, with 90% being completed after 23 days.
The cost for this visa is $285, but additional fees will apply if you decide to include dependant family members in your application.
Is this visa right for me?
Select this visa if you only intend to work in Australia briefly. It’s well-suited to freelancers, workers undertaking temporary assignments in Australia, as well as those looking for some short-term experience abroad in their field.
AIS Immigration Solutions are expert migration agents with extensive experience in helping overseas workers obtain temporary Australian visas. We have a comprehensive understanding of all Australian visa schemes and can help you find the right one to suit your needs. In addition, we can guide you through the application process to make the whole process simple and stress-free.
Call us on +61 7 3216 0052 or send us an enquiry for visa application assistance and helpful information tailored to your needs. We’re here to help!