Two Happy Women In Graduation Gowns Taking Picture With Cell Pho

ENS Temporary Visa Transition Assistance

AIS Migration provides assistance through the ENS Temporary Visa Transition scheme for existing working visa holders looking to obtain permanent residency. We’re a team of professional migration agents with years of assistance in helping obtain Australian residency visas for migrants just like you. We provide tailored advice to suit your circumstances and guide you through the application process to keep things simple and stress-free. Get in touch with us on +61 7 3216 0052 or send us an enquiry today.

Features and Overview:

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Temporary Transition Visa is a scheme suited to existing temporary working visa holders. It provides you with the opportunity to obtain permanent residency, giving you and your dependents the ability to live, work and study in Australia indefinitely. Once eligible, you may apply for Australian citizenship as a holder of this visa.



To obtain an ENS (subclass 186) visa through the Temporary Visa Transition stream, you must:

  • Hold a subclass 457, TSS or related Bridging visa A, B or C
  • Have worked for your employer for at least 3 years full time while holding a subclass 457 or TSS visa
  • Have been nominated by an Australian employer whose nomination was approved in the 6 months before you apply

You must work in one of the suitable occupations. The full list is available here. If you currently hold a TSS (482) visa or other skilled work visa, you likely already fall into one of these categories.

Application Process:

75% of applications for this visa are processed in 12 months, with 90% being processed within 13 months. You must currently hold a 482 TSS visa or bridging visa and live in Australia at the time of the application.
Before applying, you should obtain a nomination from your employer within 6 months of applying, plus show certification of English proficiency and positive skills assessment. You may have already obtained these when applying for your existing temporary working visa.

Other Requirements:

  • You must pass the character and health
  • If registration with an industry body, membership or licensing is required for your occupation in the state or territory you work in, you must obtain it.
  • You must be nominated by the Australian business you intend to work for, and apply for the visa within 6 months of receiving the nomination.
  • You usually must be under the age of 45 at the time of application.
  • You need to have competent English. See the thresholds and requirements for various English tests here. This may have been obtained when applying for your temporary visa. You are exempt from this requirement if you went to secondary school for five years where all classes were taught in English.
  • You must obey all Australian laws during your residency.
  • You must have paid back any debt owing to the Australian government, if any.
  • You must have not had a visa previously cancelled.
  • Obtain a positive skills assessment through the relevant body. This may have been obtained when applying for your temporary visa.
  • Have worked for at least three years under your existing temporary work visa.


Standard application fees start from $4,115, with additional fees necessary for any family members you have on your application. If your additional applicants do not have functional English, a second instalment of $4,890 for each additional applicant will apply.

Is this visa right for me?

Select this visa if you’ve completed three years full-time work in your relevant occupation under your TSS (subclass 482), bridging or other work visa. If you’re already a skilled applicant in one of the relevant occupations, but don’t currently live in Australia or hold a temporary working visa, the ENS Direct Entry (Subclass 186) stream may be more suited to you.

Still unsure about what visa best suits you, or need clarification on your requirements as a visa applicant? Get in touch with the friendly team at AIS Migration. Our migration agents are available for skype bookings, so you can get one-on-one advice at a time that best suits you, or you can send us an enquiry and visit our Brisbane office.

Speak to one of our helpful migration agents – call +61 7 3216 0052 or send us an enquiry for help with the ENS Temporary Transition Visa scheme.