Global Talent Visa eligibility
To be eligible for the Global Talent Visa, you must:
- have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement (and still be prominent) in a profession, a sport, the arts or academia and research
- be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or Australian organisation with a national reputation in relation to your area of talent
- the applicant may be in or outside Australia when the visa is granted, but not not in immigration clearance
- would have no difficulty obtaining employment at a minimum salary level of $158,500
- not have had a visa cancelled or previous application refused
The are two stages in the visa application process.
Preparation and lodging of an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- In the first instance an expression of interest (EOI) needs to be lodged for consideration to determine eligibility for lodging the Global Talent Visa.
- If you meet eligibility criteria as mentioned above, you will be provided with a unique identifier number (UIN) which provides priority processing for a Global Talent subclass 858 visa application.
- Once you have received your unique identification number, you will have (60) sixty days to apply for your visa.
- When lodging the application, you can be either in or outside of Australia.
The base visa charge due to the Department of Home Affairs is at time of writing AUD$4,180 . There is an additional charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
A second instalment of AUD$4,890 is charged for applicants who:
(a) was at least 18 at the time of application; and
(b) is assessed as not having functional English.
How to proceed?
We strongly recommend you seek advise from a registered migration agent before you lodge an expression of interest. At AIS Immigration Solutions we assist clients with a full assessment of their eligibility requirements and able to provide advise how to prepare supporting documents including;
- Assessing eligibility and whether it is a suitable alternative to other visa options
- Approaching the Department to secure a unique identifier
- Undertaking research to support the application
- Interviewing referees
- Advising on documentation and supporting evidence
- Drafting supporting references, outlining achievements, prominence and benefit to Australia
- Drafting extensive submissions on how the applicant meets the requirements
- Preparing and submitting the nomination and visa applications
- Liaising with the Department until a decision is made
UPDATE FOR ENGINEERS
Engineers Australia has announced that the Department has accepted it as a nominating organisation for the Global Talent Independent (GTI) Program. The following information has been received from EA:
The GTI Program is a streamlined visa pathway for highly skilled engineering professionals to work and live permanently in Australia.
A list of priority sectors has been identified and Engineers Australia may consider nominating candidates in these target sectors if they fulfil requirements and can provide evidence of their excellence. We strongly recommend you contact us to determine whether you are eligible for GTI nomination assessment. Once you are assessed as eligible you can apply to Engineers Australia to support your nomination application.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the Global Talent Visa Program, you must:
- Prove you are internationally recognised, with evidence of outstanding achievements.
- Still be prominent in their field of expertise.
- Provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia, in their area of expertise.
- Have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in their field.
- Have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia in the same field as your clients endorse them as global talent.
How to apply for nomination?
There are three-steps to the GTI nomination assessment:
1. Self-assessment for eligibility
2. Application submission
3. Application assessment and nomination
For more information about the application process and the documentation required, contact us on +61 7 3216 0052 to arrange a face-to-face consultation(via ZOOM) with one of our registered migration agents
Speak to one of our helpful migration assistants today on +61 7 3216 0052 or send us an enquiry for help in obtaining your Global Talent Visa.